Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jean Rollin: Thrill of the Vampires Screenshots

ROLLIN BEHIND THE SCENES:








SCREENSHOTS:



































































***In the early days of this blog I used the photo service Zooomr to store all of its photos. While I will still use the excellent Zooomr to hold all my photos as a backup, I have decided to repost these screenshots directly to blogspot. While this might seem a bit repetitive, I hope that it will make the photos easier to access for folks who want to download the full size versions. I also hope it might bring a few more fans here who might be using Google Image search.***

3 comments:

The Vicar of VHS said...

This is probably the movie that first got me hooked on Rollin. Such gorgeous imagery, such delicious surrealism, such beauty. I followed this with REQUIEM, and have been a hardcore fan ever since.

Incidentally, I finally got round to watching SCHOOL GIRL HITCH HIKERS on the Grindhouse Experience set, and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Sure, it was silly and didn't always work, but there was a certain WTF joy to it that I found enchanting.

Thanks for these images! They're fantastic.

dfordoom said...

This was my second Rollin film, after Requiem for a Vampire, but like The Vicar of VHS this was the one that really got me hooked on Rollin as well. Gorgeous screenshots from a visually stunning movie.

After The Vicar of VHS's recommendation I'll have to give more serious consideration to buying Schoolgirl Hitchikers. I was also vaguely tempted by Bachanelles Sexuelles but I haven't seen any of Rollin's erotica a distinct from his horror (although with Rollin the two do overlap quite a bit).

Soukesian said...

Fabulous stills!