Sunday, October 7, 2012
Here's another entry in my newest giveaway here at Fascination. Thanks so much to Robert Savage for compiling his personal Rollin list and I hope he enjoys the poster! I still have one more prize left so start compiling your own Jean Rollin top-ten and email it my way.
1. Shiver Of The Vampires because a strange naked lady comes out of a grandfather clock.
2. The Iron Rose because it's really unlike any other film ever made. It's not even like any other Rollin film ever made. Clown in cemetery. Slow moving. Makes me feel like I'm having one of those foggy dream like hangovers.
3. Immoral Tales book. Great book on Euro Horror in general with a nice big section dedicated to Rollin. My introduction.
4. Saga De Xam graphic novel. Incredibly cool large hardcover comic written by Rollin and illustrated beautifully by someone called Nicolas Devil. I don't understand a word of French but I can stare at this book for hours. I wish somebody would translate this into English. Very rare and one of my prized possessions. Did Nicolas Devil ever do anything else?
5. Living Dead Girl because it's a great bloody mess and a great bloody story.
6. Virgins and Vampires book. Nice companion to Rollin's films. It's not a huge book but it is a great go to guide if you want to read up on any of the films. Plus it has some good photos.
7. Finders Keepers soundtrack albums. I'm so glad that someone is releasing all of this great music and doing it so well. Great liner notes and sound quality.
8. Water. Rollin liked to shoot by the water and I like to be by the water.
9. Kino blu ray releases. I like the old bootleg quality stuff too because there's a certain charm in watching some bad quality vhs and thinking you're hip to something the rest of the world is unaware of, but it's really great to see these in a new and more clear light. But I'm hanging on to my old bootlegs.
10. Lesbian Vampires because they're lesbians and they're vampires.
Thanks again Robert!