Monday, April 6, 2009

Jean Rollin's Les Paumées du Petit Matin is now out on DVD


While my review of the actual film will be posted in the near future, I did want to post a big recommendation to Redemption/Salvation's DVD of one of Rollin's rarest films, 1981's Les Paumées du Petit Matin (entitled The Escapees on DVD). The disc is a really splendid one featuring a solid widescreen print (as shown in my screen-caps below) with optional English subtitles. Redemption worked directly with Rollin on the disc and, trust me, this film has never looked better. The disc also comes with a wonderful near thirty minute interview with Rollin where the great man discusses both The Escapees and his career. Set in his apartment and around Paris, this interview is worth the cheap price of the disc alone. Thanks so much to Redemption/Salvation for putting out this incredibly hard to come by film and, like I said, my full review will be coming very soon.







5 comments:

The Vicar of VHS said...

Just got mine today! I ordered it blind...anything by Rollin. :) I've got a few of the Redemption re-issues sitting unwatched on my shelf right now, but I'm comforted knowing they're there, waiting for me...

Good to know Rollin was directly involved, and I can't wait to peek at the flick and the interview! BTW, I wouldn't have known about this disc without you, Jeremy, so thanks!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks, I appreciate that. It's one of Rollin's oddest films but is worthwhile to say the least. The interview is really fantastic. Hope you enjoy it.

mhr-kara said...

is this Redemption DVD only for Region 2? do they release Region 1/NTSC discs?

Jeremy Richey said...

Hey MHR,
It's available on Region 1 and 2. Thanks!

dfordoom said...

I've been incredibly tempted to grab this movie on DVD, and you've now convinced me to do so.