Sunday, May 24, 2009

Brigitte Lahaie on The Night of the Hunted (Post 1 of 2)

Encore's incredible special edition of The Night of the Hunted contains many special features. One of the best is a near twenty minute interview with Brigitte Lahaie, where she discussed The Night of the Hunted among her things. Here are a few quotes by Brigitte on The Night of the Hunted from that special interview.

"I liked fantasy films a lot; even horror films…Jean introduced me to to films that were truly great fantasy films.
I was happy in front of the camera, that was important to me.
In Night of the Hunter Jean used my natural shyness, which I had…which I still have and he knew how to implement it.
I had seen Fascination at several festivals but not Night of the Hunted…I have recently rediscovered it, and I was pleasantly surprised.
The film has a good ambiance…it’s very spare and different and it holds up.
The Night of the Hunted is not beautiful, the setting is not beautiful. There’s a coldness that puts you off, but that’s what they intended. That’s what makes the film what it is.

I hope the public will rediscover The Night the Hunted."

1 comment:

Keith said...

I've never seen this film. It would be neat to get this to see the interview with Brigitte. I always love seeing interviews with these stars today. It's neat to see their thoughts on the movies, plus to get a chance to see what they look like now.