Monday, May 25, 2009

Brigitte Lahaie on The Night of the Hunted (Post 2 of 2)


One of the best features on Encore's special edition of The Night of the Hunted is the commentary track with Rollin and Brigitte Lahaie. Here are a few brief thoughts from Brigitte on the film, her performance and Rollin's direction:

On Her performance in Night of the Hunted:
“It was my first real role in a part that had structure. In Fascination I just had to be there…I had to look as spaced out as possible by taking on this vacant look.
I’m better in this film than I was Fascination.”

On her Character:
“She doesn’t remember the past but is capable of interpreting the present.”

On Rollin’s Direction:
“The Mise-en-scene was different…a bit static.”

Final Thoughts:
“I have very good memories of Night of the Hunted.”

No comments: